Jacqueline Hillier elm

Txhorticulture

Chumono
Reaction score
I just got one today, albeit with broken branches and insect damage. I posted in general discussion. I agree they are cool trees.

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Second time Ive seen this not so common cultivar posted today --as noted by tx above. Indeed a very cool cultivar. Makes a nice dwarf landscape tree also.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yehaa...look at that bush!! For some strange reason it reminds me of the awesome "bed-head" 'do I'd get when I rocked the mullett in the eighties....just a big 'ol birdsnest.....tell the truth, if I turned that collander around, would it say Betty Crocker on the other side? Weehooooo...nice;)

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Glad to see this little guy doing well! They are a pretty odd variety a I guess- small leaves bunched right on top of each other in a helix pattern... They grow pretty fast for a dwarf tree, and though I don't think a good traditional broom style with ramification is easy for this type of tree, I like them. Very easy to propagate too...

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
She's a badass little tree! I expect it will fatten up next year pretty good. It's about 3/8" in diameter now. Was about half that when she arrived.
Thanks again Eric.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
She's a badass little tree! I expect it will fatten up next year pretty good. It's about 3/8" in diameter now. Was about half that when she arrived.
Thanks again Eric.
Thank you for the American Elm! Growing like a weed, just like you said it would! I had to slip pot it to a larger pot a couple weeks ago to keep it upright, the tree was getting to heavy and catching lots of wind as it grew...

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you for the American Elm! Growing like a weed, just like you said it would! I had to slip pot it to a larger pot a couple weeks ago to keep it upright, the tree was getting to heavy and catching lots of wind as it grew...
All of the little American elms I have left are always falling over in the little wind I get in my yard. Getting tired of it. Probably slip pot some into larger containers and plant the rest in the ground over at my sisters house. Or maybe a forest? Hmmmm.

Top Bottom