Jade leaves getting white on their fringes.

SubJeezy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have a very small Jade tree I purchased from a nursery last week. I watered it 3 days ago misted it yesterday, and today noticed that some of the leaves had white coloring on the fringes and over all the plant isn't as vibrant and green. My only guess as to the cause is chlorosis but not sure what the problem might be. Zone 5b, kept indoors typically 65-70f, watered when the root ball starts to feel dry. 9 hours of artificial light Probably medium-high intensity. Any insight would be extremely helpful! 20201231_152650.jpg20201231_152636.jpg20201231_152612.jpg

LemonBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have a very small Jade tree I purchased from a nursery last week. I watered it 3 days ago misted it yesterday, and today noticed that some of the leaves had white coloring on the fringes and over all the plant isn't as vibrant and green. My only guess as to the cause is chlorosis but not sure what the problem might be. Zone 5b, kept indoors typically 65-70f, watered when the root ball starts to feel dry. 9 hours of artificial light Probably medium-high intensity. Any insight would be extremely helpful! View attachment 347150View attachment 347151View attachment 347152
Looks like a variegated dwarf jade. Completely normal and in my opinions a very beautiful plant!
20201230_171040.jpg

LemonBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I was worried for a second! It just went from. Dark green to white in a day and I figured I messed up somewhere. Thanks for the insight!
If you want the plant to look like a normal dwarf jade you can try giving it less light then its getting. The plant will put out all green leaves to compensate for less light. And if you want more variegation give it more light!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Seems to me the variegated ones need a little more water than my regular ones. No need for misting.

SubJeezy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If you want the plant to look like a normal dwarf jade you can try giving it less light then its getting. The plant will put out all green leaves to compensate for less light. And if you want more variegation give it more light!
I like the white! Gives it some character, haha. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't killing it! Thanks again!

Top Bottom