James W 6yr JBP Contest entry

USDA Zone
6b
. . . and planted directly into (7) RootMaker flats. 3 seeds in each pot, plan to thin to strongest. 2 flats have 6-15 seeds in a pot with the intention of trying some fused trunks.
IMG_0878.JPG IMG_0879.JPG

Confused.
If these spent 6 weeks in the fridge, they were started before 1/1/2018?
We're only 5 weeks into the new year.

Curious to know what lights and soil medium you're using?
Are you employing any anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-algae agent(s)?

USDA Zone
6b
Curious to know what lights and soil medium you're using?
Are you employing any anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-algae agent(s)?
I am using cheap potting mix and coir mixed with about 50% NAPA DE and perlite. The coir re-wets very easily but is a little bit fine. I use a similar mix with less DE for starting all kinds of seeds.
I have a 1000 watt metal halide light. When I put up the reflectors around the growing table I will have full sun strength light.
I will apply Daconil at first signs of emerging seedlings and again when all seedlings are up.

USDA Zone
6b
1521640539084.png
From an Amazon seller, received yesterday. Shipped from Shanghai. No hints except for the outlandishly long shipping time that they might be coming from China.
IMG_0895.JPG IMG_0896.JPG
Soak in hot water. All but one floating.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
USDA Zone
Hopefully, they were not radiated as possible Drug seed.
Most the stuff I got from China as seed grew, didn't germinate.
Anthony

USDA Zone
6b
I guess we'll see.
I would not have ordered Japanese seeds from China if I had known. Maybe I should mail them to someone in New Zealand, just for the irony.
The envelope was marked for customs as "rubber bands". I suspect nothing was done per regulations. I probably imported some exotic species of termite that will eat my whole house leaving only the nails behind.

Top Bottom