Japan Mame Bonsai Association

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I've placed a new link in our Japan site collection. This one is for the Japan Mame Bonsai Association. Unlike many Japanese sites, this site has a lot of bi-lingual (Japanese/English) content. It is definitely worth a visit!

mame1.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Fantastic! Funny how I dismissed shohin and mame trees until I got one! It's like a whole new world!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Bnut, I have always enjoyed this site, but have been absent for awhile, it was nice to be reminded.

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now I may be on a quest to gather mame and shohin. As for very large trees, as my wife says, "It's a bonsai, what's the point?"

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now I may be on a quest to gather mame and shohin. As for very large trees, as my wife says, "It's a bonsai, what's the point?"

It's the way to go! I love the "one handers" as I refer to them. My only complaint is the mis understanding in what people believe can be done with them.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's the way to go! I love the "one handers" as I refer to them. My only complaint is the mis understanding in what people believe can be done with them.

How true. 90% of my trees are Shohin.

Here's a question William Valavanis asked at a recent presentation, "What is harder to create, a Shohin or a large bonsai?" (Paraphrased)

The answer was the Shohin, because there is less to work with.

Will

Top Bottom