Japan trip

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Nice, some familiar trees in this show for sure...and the famous blue glazed bag-shaped oval with the Chinese Quince.
Any pix I’ve seen from the Taiken-ten are rough because of the yellow background. It must be much better in person???

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Nice, some familiar trees in this show for sure...and the famous blue glazed bag-shaped oval with the Chinese Quince.
Any pix I’ve seen from the Taiken-ten are rough because of the yellow background. It must be much better in person???

Bri, it is truly a great exhibit and backgrounds in person do work beautifully for the most part. The one interesting thing to note, is that this exhibit is unique in the sense that amateurs exhibit alongside professionals. So the exhibit looks a bit spotty. But overall amazing bonsai!! The level of craftsmanship is superior.

Bob thank you for sharing your trip. You must have been in heaven!

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Bri, it is truly a great exhibit and backgrounds in person do work beautifully for the most part. The one interesting thing to note, is that this exhibit is unique in the sense that amateurs exhibit alongside professionals. So the exhibit looks a bit spotty. But overall amazing bonsai!! The level of craftsmanship is superior.

Bob thank you for sharing your trip. You must have been in heaven!
I was. The background was fine in person but the lighting sucks for photos. It was an amazing trip. I'm so lucky to have a wife that indulges my love of bonsai - even while on our 15th anniversary trip.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Impressive! Even with the lighting that is not optimal for photos these images of trees are superb. Thank you for your time to share. I was thrilled to see the stewartia, and a 4 trunk (gasp!!) Chinese Quince. (unless there was a trunk not visible in the photo.) I've saved several images for my inspirational files...

If you had to say, did you enjoy your time more at the nurseries, or the show?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd be in an orgiastic bonsai overload!
Just lay down and quiver.

Top Bottom