Japanesae company sells akadama with Walter Pall RMJ on it!

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Japanese Akadama sold in a bag with a Walter Pall tree on it! - this is hard to believe: an American Rocky Mountain Juniper (Juniperus scopulorum) which was acquired from Larry Jackel, Colorado and imported into Germany by Walter Pall was styled by WP later on. A picture of this tree is used on a famous brand of akadama by a Japanese company. This is most ironic as Walter Pall neither advocates heavy use of akadama nor is famous for styling in the Japanese fashion. Anyway - what more recognition does one ask ffor? WP gets nothing for this - well he got 0,25 US$ - corect a quarter for usage of his picture by a company which does not exist anymore and has sold the copyright which they never had to the Japanese company. Ths is extremely complicated and really impossible to prosecute. I gave up. But I feel honored.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 4004C81B-62B1-42DC-B32C-5010604EA95E.jpeg
    4004C81B-62B1-42DC-B32C-5010604EA95E.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 67

zanduh

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Scummy behavior. I guess you could ask them to change the photo even if it can’t be prosecuted. It’s not like they did some difficult image work to put it on the bag, more like a lazy copy paste that’s misaligned with the text and logos next to it.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
At least I know where to complain if I don't like the akamada! Do you offer refunds? :)

Joking aside... it is the good type of akadama, though I don't often use it.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
At least you got 25 cents! Lol!!!

An eBay seller used a picture of my shimpaku juniper to sell “bonsai seeds”. Those must be magic seeds since my juniper is a Prostrata Juniper trunk with grafted branches of Kishu Shimpaku!

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
At least you got 25 cents! Lol!!!

An eBay seller used a picture of my shimpaku juniper to sell “bonsai seeds”. Those must be magic seeds since my juniper is a Prostrata Juniper trunk with grafted branches of Kishu Shimpaku!
Well, in all fairness.. Those ebay seeds have surprised me more than once with being 'something special'. Never got a bonsai from those seeds though.. Only seedlings, if they even germinated.

Ruddigger

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I’ve bought that bag before not knowing it was your tree. I had a similar situation happen to me, there’s a Chinese company on eBay using pictures of my car to sell their products. I managed to get 100 bucks out of em, when I confronted them. There really isn’t much recourse to something like this.

Top Bottom