Japanese Beech #2

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
What a beauty Walter!!! Every tree you shared is amazing. Thank you!

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
This initial picture has stellar branching and it seems now to be thinned and more coarse. Is there a reason the ramification seems to be going backwards?

Before
2007-04-Dsc_1176v.jpg

After
2020-11-TSC_2614ofx.jpg

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This initial picture has stellar branching and it seems now to be thinned and more coarse. Is there a reason the ramification seems to be going backwards?

Sure, the number of branches was way to high and the tree was too dense. I know that this will sound strange to you. There is an optimum for everything. If you do smothing good and then do it better - at one point it will get worse.
I try very hard to style trees tha look like trees and not like bonsai. This is a notion that is still strange in some quarters. But it has gained in populartiy immensly over the past decades.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Just for your information: The image with 'stellar' branching was in 2007 before I owned this tree. And then you see in 2010 Mr. Hirotoshi Saitho the headliner from Japan at a major convention in Germany reducing the number of branches considerably. Later I acquired the tree and continued styling and make it look like an old real tree.

This is all I have to say. I normally do not discuss my trees. They can be discussed, but not with me, please. They can be disliked - fine with me. I am not here to ask for critique or praise. I am here to show what I do - take it or leave it. You can possibly learn from it - it's your call, not mine.

2010-03-DSC_9413v.jpg2010-03-DSC_9415v.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom