Japanese Beech Forest

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Such a beautiful forest and an outstanding tutorial that applies to a wide range of trees. I can't seem to be able to remove the algae from my many of trees using just plain water and a toothbrush (especially boxwoods). Do you use anything else other than water for some of your trees?
Try using neat white vinegar and a toothbrush. The high acidity kills algae very well. I place a rag at the base just in case.

Reactions: Vin

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Here she is again. Tweaked with wire and ready to go for the year. It looks strong and happy. She will be the subject of an upcoming article for International Bonsai magazine.

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

Last edited:

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
??????

Stunning composition. And that photography though! Dayum!!!!

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
Good job Sergio. Looking at the pictures I like the back view more.

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I love the composition and your wiring - tight enough to move the branches but with a deliberate bit of room as insurance.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I love the composition and your wiring - tight enough to move the branches but with a deliberate bit of room as insurance.

Thanks Paul! I don't want to crank that wire too tightly for obvious reasons. Beech will remind you of every wiring mistake you've made for a very long time!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Will look forward to reading about your tree. ? This is an awe inspiring composition all together. Slab...and grouping. You never disappoint.

Thanks Darlene! Not sure if the article will come out this year or the next? First, I have to get it done! :rolleyes:

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Stunning! Love the ghost-white bark.

The white on these trees is pretty amazing. That is why I love to photograph it against a dark background to bring it out. I am a bit puzzled by the two trees in the forest that exhibit a rougher bark much like birch. I have never seen beech do that? I like it because they add textural variety.

D

Deleted member 21616

Not sure if the article will come out this year or the next? First, I have to get it done! :rolleyes:

i just hope this isn't going to delay the Mach5 calendar!

Top Bottom