Japanese Beech Forest

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Sergio:
Your beech forest is truly becoming refined and I look forward to presenting it in International BONSAI, more so more people can appreciate the beauty you have created.

However it’s developing into a multiple trunk style forest. NOT raft because the original trunk is not straight. It is also not a sinuous style either because the original trunk is not curved. Your forest was developed from individual trees grouped together which have now grown together to create a beautiful multiple trunk forest.

Whatever you name it and call it, you did an excellent job creating beauty for others to enjoy and learn from.
Bill

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Sergio:
Your beech forest is truly becoming refined and I look forward to presenting it in International BONSAI, more so more people can appreciate the beauty you have created.

However it’s developing into a multiple trunk style forest. NOT raft because the original trunk is not straight. It is also not a sinuous style either because the original trunk is not curved. Your forest was developed from individual trees grouped together which have now grown together to create a beautiful multiple trunk forest.

Whatever you name it and call it, you did an excellent job creating beauty for others to enjoy and learn from.
Bill

Thank you Bill! Means a great deal to me. I am honored you have this bonsai featured in IB! Thanks for the clarification 👍

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ugh. This forest is just incredible. I love how you’ve brought down the branches on the outside trees. A clear improvement from the original composition.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Leafs are awesome!
Looks great.Whate an ode’ to the Summer when the Bonsai looks lush and properly maintained.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Received a nice surprised today in the mail. The beech article I wrote earlier this year for International Bonsai magazine has been published and today I got a few copies courtesy of @William N. Valavanis. Many thanks to him for a great job and continued success on his publication. Also a thank you to John Wiessinger for contacting me and help make the article happen.

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Congratulations Serg, well deserved. Now if you just weren't such a dick.... 😁
LOL, JK!
Your skills and your kindness and fine personality are going to keep taking you to wonderful places, and successes like these.

Lars Grimm

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Received a nice surprised today in the mail. The beech article I wrote earlier this year for International Bonsai magazine has been published and today I got a few copies courtesy of @William N. Valavanis. Many thanks to him for a great job and continued success on his publication. Also a thank you to John Wiessinger for contacting me and help make the article happen.

View attachment 270970

View attachment 270971

Congratulations. Quick question, is that a different stone in 2015?

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
LOL, JK!
Your skills and your kindness and fine personality are going to keep taking you to wonderful places, and successes like these.

Thank you my friend! 🙏 Now I have to work on being less of a D*CK! This bonsai thing brings the worst in me! 😂

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
LOL, JK!
What?? Sergio is kind and has skills? I thought we kept him around as a high fashion model!!!

Congrats, Serge!

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

View attachment 270970

View attachment 270971
Oh cool! I haven’t read my copy yet. Now I can be like, “hey I know that guy!”

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Congratulations @MACH5

Couldnt happen to a nicer or more skilled Bonsai Artist.

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
I want a Japanese beech forest so bad. I have never seen any for sale or seedlings either. The few trees I have seen need way too much work for the price. Julian Adams did tell me he had some in the ground he may dig come spring. Maybe I bite the bullet.

Top Bottom