Japanese Beech

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Here is a tree that I got from Rich before he really ever say it. I picked it and some others up at his firends house and decided this would be my fee for transporting trees. haha

This tree has a very nice white bark all throughout the tree and the trunk has some real nice, very subtle movement to it. This is not a powerful or large tree, heck it isn't even all that great but I like it and think that over a few years I might be able to make something nice out it.

The trunk has one scar and it has been healed over, you can see it in the back shot but other than that one it is scar free.

Pot by Erin Pottery.

Anyways, here is before and after..... hope you enjoy!

Jason

Attachments

• JBEECHB4-1.JPG
    JBEECHB4-1.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 134
  • JBEECHback.JPG
    JBEECHback.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 138
  • JBEECHfront-2.JPG
    JBEECHfront-2.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 155

rlist

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
This tree was originally purchased by my friend from Brent at Evergreen as a whip many years ago. So, Jason, you got yourself a nice nursery tree there!

Dano

Sapling
Reaction score
Jason,

I like your tree. Japanese beech seem hard to come by. I have one specimum and several Forest plantings. I think the trees look the best in winter and the dormant leaves cling throught the entire winter. Good luck with your tree.

Dano:)

Attachments

• 100_1450.jpg
    100_1450.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_1584.jpg
    100_1584.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 46

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Nice little grove there Dano......

As to my Beech, well it didn't like all the frost and snow we had this winter and never woke up....I was a little bummed out since I really do like the brak and it was just starting to get to a point where is was looking good. But on the bright side it frees up a pot :)

Thanks, Jason

Marc S

Yamadori
Reaction score
Nice little grove there Dano......

As to my Beech, well it didn't like all the frost and snow we had this winter and never woke up....I was a little bummed out since I really do like the brak and it was just starting to get to a point where is was looking good. But on the bright side it frees up a pot :)

Thanks, Jason

I don't get it, why did you post it then?

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Sorry pal, frustrating hobby a lot of the time. Murphy rules this hobby, lose a branch,always the best one,etc.

Harry

Last edited:
Top Bottom