Japanese black pine dying?

Mimi

Seed
Reaction score
Hello!
I’m new to this forum and I’m writing here to see if any of you could help me. My parents planted a Japanese black pine almost a year and a half ago. A few months ago, the tips of its needles started browning and I’m wondering if it’s because of a fungus infection or something. It also doesn’t seem to be growing anymore. I can see new sprouts, but they haven’t grown.

could someone give me some advice?

thank you.

Attachments

• D4586431-E8C9-4AA0-8310-833455053F4C.jpeg
    D4586431-E8C9-4AA0-8310-833455053F4C.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 76

Mimi

Seed
Reaction score
Hi!

Yes, it’s been kept indoors for the winter, but it was kept outdoors for last year’s summer and spring. It’s also near a window now and constantly gets sunlight. I live in Spain, where we have Mediterranean climate.

thanks for the help!
Hi @Mimi, is the tree kept indoors? Also if you can share your location with us, that would be helpful to know too!

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Should live outdoors exclusively. Pines aren't indoor plants. With a Mediterranean climate you shouldn't need any winter protection at all. This will decline and eventually die indoors.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Should live outdoors exclusively. Pines aren't indoor plants. With a Mediterranean climate you shouldn't need any winter protection at all. This will decline and eventually die indoors.
This.
Plus soil looks too water retentive.

Mimi

Seed
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer!
So I should just let it be outdoors and see if it recovers?

Top Bottom