Japanese Black Pine slant style.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm gonna try! Let's hope I know what I'm doing!!

Any extending candles yet?

Cut needles?!?! Yeah, I think you might be able to help folks with that!:confused:

I know you work with Tyler a lot so I'm anxious to see how he addresses the different climate in your approach. Particularly since he's worked with you in both locations now.

.......ain't he from down south?.....careful, and I'm paraphrasing a bit...

.......bourbon breath and a southern drawl can be pretty damn convincing....don't rush the game!! 😁😁😁

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Any extending candles yet?

Cut needles?!?! Yeah, I think you might be able to help folks with that!:confused:

I know you work with Tyler a lot so I'm anxious to see how he addresses the different climate in your approach. Particularly since he's worked with you in both locations now.

.......ain't he from down south?.....careful, and I'm paraphrasing a bit...

.......bourbon breath and a southern drawl can be pretty damn convincing....don't rush the game!! 😁😁😁
Yeah, Tyler is from the foothills of the Appalachians in N. Carolina. He did his Apprenticeship in Nagano which is up in the mountains, so he knows how to grow in cooler and warmer climates. My plan is to assess each tree for vigor this spring and hopefully be cutting candles on the strong ones by mid June. Lots of candles pushing and even some needles beginning to show.

Stweed

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Just read through this thread and so glad I did! What an amazing progression! For someone with no experience with JBP it was very informative. Really fantastic tree!

Top Bottom