Japanese Black Pine

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey all, heres a new jbp.........hope you all like it :)

may-19-1114.jpg

may-19-1119.jpg

may-19-1117.jpg

love the bark on this one.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks rockm & Bill S. I'm stoked to have this one on my bench. Its gonna be a trip to wire, but i'm looking foward to it.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There are others, I have seen them

Anyone interested in some nice pines or any other trees? I got this one from Mr Don Blackmond of Gregory Beach Bonsai http://www.gregorybeachbonsai.com/index.html

I hesitate to share this, because there are some that I would like to get in the future :) But Dons such a cool guy & I have to give credit where credit is due. Seriously though, anyone interested should hit Don up on his site. Don is a straight shooter (as harry has said before) & all prices are confidential between you & Don. If you dont see anything you like, email him & give him a price range.....you just might get what you want....:)

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very Nice! Be sure to show us a post wire pic :)

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Ryan, thanks.....wait a sec....is this the "i'm still young, selling all my trees" ryan?:) Good to see you're still around:D

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Very nice...great bark. Don has good trees.

Pine Barron

Yamadori
Reaction score
"My best trees came from Don. When I am spending a lot of money I like to feel comfortable with the seller and Don is a great guy to deal with." -BONSAI_OUTLAW

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re not a racist, you’ll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot.

Last edited:

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Brian.......Don does have good trees.

Pine Barron, I agree with you 100%.....I feel totally comfortable with Don. I remember my first tree I got from Don.....I was sweating bullets, but Don was calm talking to me on the phone & I just knew I could trust him.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Matt, this pine is 8.5" from the soil line with a 2.75" trunk. Thanks for your kind words. You got relatives in Hawaii?

may-21-1124.jpg

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
nice duane.

aloha, sam

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Sam thanks, long time no hear:)

Hope all is well with you & the family.

Reaction score
Very nice JBP!

I followed the link and sent Don a message. Hopefully he'll be able to find me a nice JBP or JWP that I can learn off of, not be ashamed to show, and still not cost me an arm and a leg (I may have been asking for too much there).

Keep us updated on your plans with it. Do you know what you are going to work on first?

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Specialkayme, I plan to decandle this tree next month & if all goes well, I should be pulling old needles & thinning out this pine sometime in sept or oct. I will wire this tree after thinning.

Alex DeRuiter

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Is there a chance Don is anywhere in north/northeast US? I'd be interested in seeing what trees he has available. ;-)

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is there a chance Don is anywhere in north/northeast US? I'd be interested in seeing what trees he has available. ;-)

axxonn, Don is located in a rural setting in southwestern Michigan north of the I-80 toll road and south of I-94. Just 2 hours east of Chicago, 3 hours west of Detroit and 4 hours north of Indianapolis.

Got info of his site.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
myjbpsho.jpg

December 2011
Sorry for the crappy phone pic

Last edited:
Top Bottom