Japanese bonsai, 2021

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks for sharing. I'm tempted to go next weekend but I can't bring myself to do anything indoors during the pandemic. There's always the 96'th right?

What is the difference between the 前 and 後 events by the way? Is it all the same stuff or totally different?

I know nothing about these events, but looking at tickets online I noticed the separate events.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Thanks for taking and posting these photos. I have not been to a Kokufu show, but it looks like the display spaces were smaller in size?
The evergreens appear to be on a trend to show fuller and a bit more natural, and the accents seem to have grown in size?
The 3-point chuchin displays have some very nice trees as well.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I'm tempted to go next weekend but I can't bring myself to do anything indoors during the pandemic. There's always the 96'th right?

What is the difference between the 前 and 後 events by the way? Is it all the same stuff or totally different?

I know nothing about these events, but looking at tickets online I noticed the separate events.
Since a few years ago, there is a before part and an after part. It’s basically the same type of show, but all the trees are different.
this years there are a bit less trees then usual, they made bigger walking paths.
tomorrow friday it’s closed as they will change all the trees and then open again on saterday. Monday I believe the museum itself is closed. And the last day is Wednesday.
I might go again on either Tuesday or wednesdsy. I need to work this weekend.
yes there is always the 96th but I suggest you go both 95th and 96th if you have a chance:)
it’s worth it. These pictures do not do justice,

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks for posting these. Amazing inspiration, but I just can’t get overly excited by the, and I’m going to say it, green helmet style conifers, particularly the pines. While I’m sure that they are much more expressive in person and are top of the pops in terms of quality, they just seem too flat and non emotive. I think number 2 is my favourite with special mentions for numbers 40 and 54.

Top Bottom