Japanese Boxwood Forest Re-design

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice work! But I’d say the pot is out of proportion to the composition. Looking at the overhead shot, you could easily use a much smaller container. It’s often nice to even have one area of the slab overhanging the edge of the pot. That might be especially effective in this case, since the slab is pretty symmetrical. But again, nice looking forest.
Hey Renny. Thanks for the input! Yeah that’s was certainly my original intent. If you look at the drawing I did I was hoping for it all to over hang. Unfortunately I’m locked in a bit, unless I want to repot again next year, which I don’t think I want to. My plan is to continue to bring the foliage out and then down to extend out past the lips. There’s quite a few new trees that haven’t filled in. Time will tell. These boxowoods have proved much more difficult to group up for as long as I’ve had them. But I’m committed at this point!

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Someone just liked one of these post and I was reminded of this group. I liked this group. This was one of the many casualties I had during the Covid year. The water I was using at my dads house where I was living was atrocious and 4 main trees in this group suffered and died. Made no sense to keep the group together after that. 2020 was a rough bonsai year for me. Lost more than half my collection.

Top Bottom