Japanese Bush Clover - Lespedeza bicolor

Knutson

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This is my first post here on Bonsai Nut. I guess I'll introduce myself a little. I am a horticulture graduate and have been enjoying my small bonsai collection for a couple years now. I just found this site and it seems like there is a wealth of information on here.

Anyway, I just received this Bush Clover as a gift. It was purchased from Hiroshi Koshidi from Bonsai Japan Direct. I do not know much about these plants and was hoping to someone could give me a little info about their cultural requirements. Like light exposure, soil requirements, watering, etc.

Im in USDA zone 7a.

It seems like everyone loves photos here, so here it is as of today. I cannot wait for it to leaf out!

IMG_2216.jpg

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Welcome to the nuthouse. I don't have any experience with this plant, but it looks like it has a nice trunk. Where are you located? I've never looked up bonsai direct before but it looks like good starting material.

Knutson

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I am going to be located in Nashville, TN by next week. Hiroshi Koshidi is a great guy to work with located somewhere in Japan. As you can imagine shipping is not cheap, but he makes a few large shipments to the US every year so if you order at the right time, it'll save you a lot.

Top Bottom