Japanese Maple #1 - update

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Lovely tree. It may be a Japanese maple, but the shape reminds me of the fields in my childhood.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
nice save. shame to see an icon tree get so damaged... or maybe not. a little spice maybe

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just saw you post this on fakebook too.
I think this tree stil get better every year. Even with the snow incident.

To be honest, I am not sure whether the incident wasn't a good thing. I think you filled the space well, and it looks natural to me.

I would love at some point to see a comparison from before the snow incident, and now.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
very nice.

i got one of these recently i think, or a coral bark green leaf maple...after transport, 3 week drought, then heavy rain for 2 days, i noticed some of the top leafs going brown...about 1/10 of the entire foliage on a 5'x1.5" tree. is it okay to remove that top branch where thats happening or should i just let it go and they recover? thanks

beautiful tree by the way, and ive heard of your good reputation

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
very nice.

i got one of these recently i think, or a coral bark green leaf maple...after transport, 3 week drought, then heavy rain for 2 days, i noticed some of the top leafs going brown...about 1/10 of the entire foliage on a 5'x1.5" tree. is it okay to remove that top branch where thats happening or should i just let it go and they recover? thanks

beautiful tree by the way, and ive heard of your good reputation

The branch will posibly get new buds. So if ypu want it there aesthetically, just leave it and wait what happens.

Michaelb

Sapling
Reaction score
I think everyone likes this tree. The aura it has!

Top Bottom