Japanese Maple #11

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It is possible since a long time to have 3-D photographs which is a way overcome this problem. But one needs special glasses which no-one has.
Now everyone has a smart phone that can be mounted in a VR headset like Google cardboard for $15 or less. This site is easily accessible on a smart phone.

Lets have some 3D, Walter.
You have the absolute best subjects for it.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Beautiful, really beautiful.

Wunderbar, especially when it's leafless. A sign of outstanding quality when it's naked. IMO.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Japanese Maple #11 - Six weeks after hedging and full defoliation the second flush is very nice and fine.

View attachment 252351View attachment 252352

@Walter Pall Do you have any pictures of this tree from 6 weeks ago, just after it was hedged?

I've been following your technique for some time and I love the concept of the "Informal Broom" style you've helped popularize.

I have a few pieces of material I'd like to try this method on...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I saw those amazing pictures. I guess what I'm asking is if you have any pictures of the tree in early development?

I'm trying to visualize the hedging method in my mind...

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Almost resembles a wizards hat! :p:) Out of all the styles, naturalistic by far is my favorite. Very inspiring

2019-06-TSB_0201ofw.jpg
2019-06-TSB_0202ofw.jpg

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
no, this is another one of those trees that was imported from japan after having been grown for a half century by one of the 'japanese nurseries' using 'japanese methods' that Walter thinks are terrible in comparison to his own practices

nice tree though eh? I love it

Derek,
would you please refrain form such idiotic remarks. I have never ever called 'Japanese' methods terrible and never will. This is badmouthing at its worst.

Top Bottom