Japanese Maple #13

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Walter Pall do you have any special way of tying your guy wires to not damage the branch or just wrap it around it?

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Walter, are Japanese maple your favorite bonsai ??
You seem to have an endless supply of top drawer trees :)

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
WoW, beautiful tree. Love the movement and that nebari is jaw droppingly perfect.
The tree (up thread) being layed on its side (fragile brittle twigs) while the roots were hosed, gave me the chills....:oops:

theta

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful Maple. What are your thoughts on guy wires vs just shaping with wire on the branch? Do you like using guy wires on these maples to minimize damage to the bark?

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Guy wires take ten to twenty times less time then normal wiring! In less than half an hour I can put the branches where I want them with guy wires. Guy wires can be changed and removed in seconds. But they should mostly be used on already styled trees for further development. At first styling I usually use orthodox wiring. Guy wires tend to do less damage than regular wiring. They are ugly, but only for a short time. I believe that guy wires should be used much more.

Methods can only be judged according to long term results and effects. They cannot be judged on what is 'normal', 'state of the art', 'orthodox'. Who has the better results has the better methods.

Top Bottom