Japanese Maple Bonsai books

aredsfan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Which book is beter for a beginner looking at Japanese maples for bonsai? Peter Adams "shaping maples successful techniques for Bonsai" or Bonsai with Japanese Maples or are they the same book? andy

Also is Botany for Bonsai by Enrique Castano any good?

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I don't know if they are the same. I do have "Bonsai with J. Maples", and I like it alot. Lots of good, practical info along with many great pics and drawings.

Dave

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Check out or better yet post the ISBN numbers. It is allot easier then deciphering titles.

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
I am not where my books are right now but I particularly like the latest one by Peter Adams, I believe it is the updated one that was nearly impossible to find from the first release. I have attached a photo of the cover.

Attachments

• 9780881928099ff.jpg
    9780881928099ff.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 19

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Bonsai with Japanese Maples
by Peter Adams
ISBN 0881928097 HC pp.156
Published 2006
Timber Press Inc.

Attachments

• Japanese maples.jpg
    Japanese maples.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 6

aredsfan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Guys, thats the one I was talking about. andrew

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Andrew,

Sorry I was not able to make a full reply earlier. The updated (new) Peter Adams book that was mentioned is great. It is well written and presents very clear information on development and care. I am a maple novice and only own a few but he has inspired me to take the next step this spring and start to get serious about growing maples and properly developing the ones I have now. I am seriously considering looking for some advanced trunks now that I have a great guide book.

I hope you find a copy and have great luck with you maple(s).

Top Bottom