Japanese Maple I wasn't going to purchase

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
At the recent Silhouette show, I'd decided before I left the house that I wasn't going to be buying anything. (You can see how that worked out.)

This was tucked away on the back table of the Bonsai Learning Center and as I was purchasing it, Martin Sweeney complimented my eye. Turns out that the BLC had acquired it from him at some point in the past.

I stripped the leaves, cleaned up a few places and removed or reduced a couple of branches. I wired what was left into place and I think I'll leave it until it get reported in spring ...with the possibility of "soji" between now and then (although it drains well).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 154

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Nice little tree. A few years of developing the branches and roots and you can bring it back the show and display it;). I'll tell you, it was virtually impossible NOT to buy some stock there...lots and lots of good trees at great prices.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
What is an example of those Great prices for those Maples ?
Look like $100.00+ dollar with those sized trunks ...???

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Actually not a multi trunk silly me, pics were loading so slow that I only looked at the last one and it fooled my eye. Now that I look again, just a real nice example of natural broom. Very good start on a cool tree. How large is it?

Top Bottom