Japanese maple pre bonsai

rodeolthr

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Sorry, I intended to post this last night, but I was running so behind that it didn't happen. Has anyone put a new roof on their house lately? Wow $$$
Anyway, here is a picture of the latest offerings. Thank you everyone for your interest.IMG_6354.JPEG

jevanlewis

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks @rodeolthr for the awesome maples. They were packaged well, arrived quickly, and are very healthy.

For those interested, there are still lots of great trees left (one batch ending in a few hours and another batch ending in two days):

rodeolthr

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
For those of you that are interested and/or watching my auctions, I've posted more this evening. Of note, there are many "lots" of trees for forests and groups. These are not seedlings, but older trees.....though some of them are rather peculiar.
Thank you.

Kevin1968

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Thank you so much for the Maples, they arrived 1 day late due to Fedex. Soil was a little dry so I soaked them in rain water looking good and very happy. I will up-pot them this weekend.

Thank you Again

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
This evening, I repotted the two maples I got from Kevin last year. The roots were quite well managed, especially considering the volume of trees at that backyard nursery. On this first tree, they were super fine, symmetrical, flat, and only a few high roots really got clipped.
IMG_1632.jpeg
The other one, which he had mentioned was a few years older, had a little more wild roots, with some very thick roots. After pruning, I was left with a few gaps. Overall, still excellent for a pre-bonsai, and gives me some material for grafting practice!
IMG_1644.jpegIMG_1645.jpeg
@rodeolthr will you be at the club sale this Sunday? If so, I’d love to pick up some root grafting stock. I would be looking for about 5-6 seedlings of probably two years of age to use for grafts.

Attachments

• IMG_1633.jpeg
    IMG_1633.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 8

rodeolthr

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@pandacular Thank you for the promotion! I greatly appreciate it. As I mentioned to you, I unfortunately won't be back to Seattle for a few weeks. I'd love to have you stop by when I get back so you can look through the nursery and see what might work for you. I'm excited to get this years trees ready for auction also.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This evening, I repotted the two maples I got from Kevin last year. The roots were quite well managed, especially considering the volume of trees at that backyard nursery. On this first tree, they were super fine, symmetrical, flat, and only a few high roots really got clipped.
View attachment 532064
The other one, which he had mentioned was a few years older, had a little more wild roots, with some very thick roots. After pruning, I was left with a few gaps. Overall, still excellent for a pre-bonsai, and gives me some material for grafting practice!
View attachment 532065View attachment 532066
@rodeolthr will you be at the club sale this Sunday? If so, I’d love to pick up some root grafting stock. I would be looking for about 5-6 seedlings of probably two years of age to use for grafts.
Nice projects. Gotta love JM.

Top Bottom