Japanese Maple Seeds

junmilo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi all

I was curious if anyone in Toronto, Ontario, Canada have any Japanese Maple Seedlings or seeds for sale?

Thank you

J

jferrier

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Seeds collected from a tree now are not ready. You'd have to make sure they were collected last fall, and then you need to cold stratify for about 120 days before they will germinate. The best time to buy good seeds is in the fall. I've bought many around this time from people on ebay with seeds from trees in their yards and had great success. I also have seedlings I can ship to you if you don't find them locally assuming shipping to Canada wouldn't be an issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

junmilo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Seeds collected from a tree now are not ready. You'd have to make sure they were collected last fall, and then you need to cold stratify for about 120 days before they will germinate. The best time to buy good seeds is in the fall. I've bought many around this time from people on ebay with seeds from trees in their yards and had great success. I also have seedlings I can ship to you if you don't find them locally assuming shipping to Canada wouldn't be an issue.

I am not sure about how they ship stuff to Canada...I know we can't bring in stuff from other countries without asking CFIA and the border stuff..i'm looking for someone local i guess for now..if that don't work...i guess i'll buy from USA..

thanks

j

Top Bottom