Japanese Print "Daffodils" c 1930s

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Daffodil print was done in the 1930s by an obscure artist by the name of Nishimura Hodo. The Image size is 14-1/2 x 9-1/2 inches. Condition is good, colors vibrant with good bleed through. The outside white border is a little frayed with micro tears that do not effect the image. Color is difficult for me to get right with my old camera (no, I don't own or want a smart phone) so it varies with and without flash. First picture captures image color well. Price with shipping in the USA is $75. Please pay by check or money order, or by PayPal friends and family if it is more convenient to you. When paid by check or money order I ship right away and do do hold waiting for payment to arrive.
IMG_5018.JPGIMG_5019.JPGIMG_5020.JPGIMG_5021.JPGIMG_5017.JPG

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Penumbra,

I have this print and a few other from Hodo. I've been collecting kacho-e and Shin Hanga prints for some time. Do you have anyOhara Koson (Shoson), or Watanabe Seitei prints?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Penumbra,

I have this print and a few other from Hodo. I've been collecting kacho-e and Shin Hanga prints for some time. Do you have anyOhara Koson (Shoson), or Watanabe Seitei prints?
I don't believe I do but I am still digging. Thanks for asking.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
What's the importance of bleed through? I've noticed that you always show the back when possible. Is it an indication of ink quality, or longevity or something?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What's the importance of bleed through? I've noticed that you always show the back when possible. Is it an indication of ink quality, or longevity or something?
It shows the ink has permeated the paper, which is important to tell authentic prints from cheaper reproductions. Cheaper reproductions don't have the bleed through.

Top Bottom