Japanese Red Pine [Brisbane, Australia]

bubba1992

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi guys, I think this will be a long shot, but I'm looking for a small JRP. I'm located in Brisbane Australia. I've contacted the main couple of bonsai nurseries here and posted on one of the facebook groups with no luck. Figured I may as well ask here :) Thanks in advance.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hi guys, I think this will be a long shot, but I'm looking for a small JRP. I'm located in Brisbane Australia. I've contacted the main couple of bonsai nurseries here and posted on one of the facebook groups with no luck. Figured I may as well ask here :) Thanks in advance.
Hey. You are going to have a really hard time keeping a JRP alive in Brisbane as the weather is really too hot in winter. They like cold winters.
If you are desperate the only living JRP north of Sydney is owned by Bonsai Northside in Brisbane.

They may be able to help you out mate.

Oh and do us all a favour and fill out your profile

bubba1992

Seedling
Reaction score
Hey. You are going to have a really hard time keeping a JRP alive in Brisbane as the weather is really too hot in winter. They like cold winters.
If you are desperate the only living JRP north of Sydney is owned by Bonsai Northside in Brisbane.

They may be able to help you out mate.

Oh and do us all a favour and fill out your profile

I have spoken to Selby and Tess from Bonsai Northside already. Also there are others in Brisbane who have living JRP, just not in my price range ☹. Thanks

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have spoken to Selby and Tess from Bonsai Northside already. Also there are others in Brisbane who have living JRP, just not in my price range ☹. Thanks
@Shibui has them as far as I know and from what I have seen he is one of the best quality suppliers in Oz. Why don't you contact him?

My only concern is that winter is too warm for them in Brisbane. Try find out how to overwinter them

Last edited:
Top Bottom