Japanese to English translation please?

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Would someone be willing to translate the text in these three pages please? These are the chops of potter Heian Tofukuji, who has a book dedicated to his life’s work. He used more than a dozen chops, and I’m very interested to learn what these captions say, particularly what is under each different chop in the middle image. Thanks in advance.
92628449-71AF-4418-9EA9-47F2E9CAC3C0.jpeg E9A28074-7FB5-4387-A417-D0C80011A497.jpeg 5F07CBFD-6C26-4AFA-AE97-97996D7C10BA.jpeg

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Google translate on my phone worked really well when I needed to translate something from Russian to English.

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
There is an app... Google translate on Iphone
From a photo? Often translators are pretty rough. Was hoping someone would be willing to provide a close to Bonsai translation...

Last edited:

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Brian Van Fleet my VPN is giving me some issues. In China I’m using Google Translate app. It uses your phone’s camera to scan text and then it translates it to your desired language. But from within the Great Firewall of China, I need my vpn to work in order to scan from downloaded images

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Thanks, but I am looking for someone who is willing to read the text and provide a translation, maybe 15 minutes of typing. The translator apps and sites don’t work well with this type of text...so much of the meaning is lost when it is a literal translation. I know we have some Japanese-speaking people here. Maybe one would be willing to assist.

Starting to have some sympathy for newbies trying to get help here...

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks, but I am looking for someone who is willing to read the text and provide a translation, maybe 15 minutes of typing. The translator apps and sites don’t work well with this type of text...so much of the meaning is lost when it is a literal translation. I know we have some Japanese-speaking people here. Maybe one would be willing to assist.

Starting to have some sympathy for newbies trying to get help here...
I'll have some friends in Japan. I'll forward it to them. Maybe take them out to dinner when I visit or something.

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I'll have some friends in Japan. I'll forward it to them. Maybe take them out to dinner when I visit or something.
Thanks Martin, I don’t want anyone out of pocket. I was able to find some translation, but nothing all that coherent.

D

Deleted member 21616

@Brian Van Fleet the person i am learning Japanese from takes 10$ an hour (CAD, which is like $2 USD? lol). You can meet with her on skype, and work through the text with her. She isn't familiar with bonsai, but if you guide her and ask the right questions i'm sure you'll get what you need. She's fluent in English. Or, if you can wait 18-24 months I'll help you :) lol

She's a local Montrealer, which is how I landed on her. I'd be happy to put you both in touch.

If you go on your local classifieds (do you guys have kijiji or craigslist?) i'm sure you'll find someody. If not italki . com could work too!

CamdenJim

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
@Brian Van Fleet :
Brian, there are probably Japanese students at UAB or one of the smaller colleges here in town. You might check with Student Life offices and find someone willing to help you with this. You would want to sit down with the student and discuss each one to be sure you don't end up with non-bonsai language, though.
Just a suggestion.

Top Bottom