Japanese to English translation please?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks, but I am looking for someone who is willing to read the text and provide a translation, maybe 15 minutes of typing. The translator apps and sites don’t work well with this type of text...so much of the meaning is lost when it is a literal translation. I know we have some Japanese-speaking people here. Maybe one would be willing to assist.

Starting to have some sympathy for newbies trying to get help here...

Owen's Sempi is in till Bjorn's GO...
I would ask him.

S

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
What do you think man? Is the kanji advanced or sort of ancient? I've asked some friends, and they say even their teachers have some difficulty with this.

Not really....The middle page does use lots of characters versus hiragana, but the meanings are mostly clear. It is similar to the Kakejiku and display books I read in Japanese....It would just take a little more time to be precise.

-norwegian_blue-

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Brian, did you ever get this done? I was actually just thinking of having the exact same thing done. Can you send me the scans and I'll see if I can find help. My Tofu book is en route from Japan. :)

NM, I just realized that the scans that you posted may be clear enough. Let me ask around.

Last edited:

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Brian, did you ever get this done? I was actually just thinking of having the exact same thing done. Can you send me the scans and I'll see if I can find help. My Tofu book is en route from Japan. :)

NM, I just realized that the scans that you posted may be clear enough. Let me ask around.
Thanks. It’s a good book with amazing pottery. I did end up doing some Google Translate and got a feel for the captions, but they’re a bit literal and definitely not Bonsai-centric. Here is the post of the translations:
https://nebaribonsai.wordpress.com/...-shameless-request-for-some-translating-help/

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
Tofukuji Prints Father of the Tofuku-ji Tadashiro Ryotaku Ryousaku Fukufu Actual size until the unfinished abandon all sean dimensions ee. eletti It is also its.efl alwe, isl K / is a lot of similarity · small at istee s for e or a big wit se distinctively used differently, there is little distinction n Although it is certain that there are lots of goods in Taiwan. Everything in the compilation is good and it is not always possible to say that Buddhism is poor. S Esa res / 2. It is unknown whether a: or the like, etc. In particular, in prewar cultivation it is enough to show the trend of relaxing dough and seed abrasion (F 'glaze) of the work, the tendency to see a big trend is now one thing to notice now is a lot Tofukuji pot Subsection. Among enthusiasts and greens people like Buplegfu certainly seemed to have had such a thing but c se seemed to be somewhat something other than the one that caught up in os · Whether or not you used different subsections or elliptical line enclosures, Kihon sewing production age, crying out in the old days even in the original style .. 1 with eased in the rat euthanasia There are a lot of comments, 0 men and women are accurate, ee, evaluation and 8 "However, there are subsections over the lifetime of the print etc .. To the molding, at the time of molding" is necessarily san?, Anything Fukuji Temple 1 Tōkoji temple Temple Tofukuji indentation original form seal seal Showa 54, -ai ren) Since the 3rd generation Tofukuji (Mr. Isamu Mizuno) took over, "2 generations" or r 1 man "! It is mixed also. In the 11th generation, we confused the confusion, so we added a sub-clause showing the second generation to the first desert

-norwegian_blue-

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
Top row right
東福寺 Toufukuji
It can be said there are many different size of this Maple Leaf chop. In the beginning this was used as a special stamp for pots made for Lord Maeda, but after receiving permission from the Lord, this chop was used on other pots. The history of this ceramic chop is taken and owed to the precinct of the Toufukuji temple, in the area of Kyoto's Gozan being quite a famous place for maple leaf viewing (i.e. Tsuten Bridge) P.S. This is a guess at this bridge's name and I am just using the most common reading of the two characters. It would take more time to actually research it and get the actual local name of the bridge.
京都五山東福寺の

Reaction score
Would someone be willing to translate the text in these three pages please? These are the chops of potter Heian Tofukuji, who has a book dedicated to his life’s work. He used more than a dozen chops, and I’m very interested to learn what these captions say, particularly what is under each different chop in the middle image. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 205384 View attachment 205382 View attachment 205383

Hey Brian! It's very interesting to translate Japanese from images. Most of the time I solve this to translate by using Yandex. I feel comfortable working on it ;). Or you can go ahead with this post to get more info or helpful suggestions.

Thank you! Have a great day! 👍👍

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Hey Brian! It's very interesting to translate Japanese from images. Most of the time I solve this to translate by using Yandex. I feel comfortable working on it ;). Or you can go ahead with this post to get more info or helpful suggestions.

Thank you! Have a great day! 👍👍
Thanks, if you want to work on it, I’d be grateful.

Top Bottom