Japanese video about Procumbens, someone can translate?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Hello, if you been around you know the "polemic" topic that discuss if true Sonare can make scales or only needle growth Topic, click. I found this video of a Japanese guy I more or less guess that talks about two procumbens cultivars, the one with small needles and scales brigth green colour the other with bigger needles and bluish colour without scales, makes sense with another videos and photos I seen in japan, at least I think there are two or three cultivars of sonare used in bonsai, if someone can translate what its talking about could be helpful

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Bonsai Bossa's channel.

I watch his videos regularly. The one he featured in this video is called a "himoba" or rope needle.

As I recall he recently got a normal sonare while in Hokkaido on a recent trip, and then somebody at Ueno green club showed him this one and he just decided to give it a try. As you can see in the video, it has some scale foliage that resembles a rope.
He mentions he hasn't seen this variety before, and neither have I. Honestly, non-shinpaku or needle junipers are incredibly uncommon in bonsai here. I've never seen a procumbens bonsai in person.

Top Bottom