Japanese white pine, more foliage

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
At first I liked the new angle....

But then I looked back at the trunk in Dec 30th 2017. Then July of 2018.

Wicked lines those are, the way the Jin moves with it....
You lose all that from this view.

Sorce

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Yeah, I can change it slightly so that Jin is more appearant. Will try to get best of both angles ;) thanx!

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Some more twists and turns lol, I got all winter to fuck it up.
Though for the first time I finally start thinking Iā€™m reaching a direction in which the tree can actually grow and improve the design. Tweaks (big and small) will certainly be done though the coming months.
89771505-4061-4729-97D3-F08541545882.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
This is looking really nice!

I just scored my first JWP on Yafuoku last night and yours is really giving me some inspiration. Not trying to hijack your thread, simply curious, but mine is a 那須äŗ”č‘‰ę¾ (Nasu five needle pine). Do you have any idea what variety yours is?

Keep up the good work!

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
This is looking really nice!

I just scored my first JWP on Yafuoku last night and yours is really giving me some inspiration. Not trying to hijack your thread, simply curious, but mine is a 那須äŗ”č‘‰ę¾ (Nasu five needle pine). Do you have any idea what variety yours is?

Keep up the good work!
Thanx, actually Iā€™m not really sure what variety it is, it has a tendency of getting longer needles.

for getting good deals on trees I suggest you go to the bonsai matsuri in omiya bonsai village. This is during golden week. Go early in the morning and first go check the stands at Tojuen, a lot of the trees sold there are by student and sold for quit cheap.

and as for yafuoku, you can buy cheap tickets for Kokufu there too, mercari is also good place for that, I bought 2 tickets for 5 dollar together. But not really sure if I will be able to go this year because of work.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
repotted the tree this year, this years foliage is a lot shorter because of it. Probably a sign the tree got weaker because of the repot but it was necessary to slow it down a bit anywayz.
it removed most of the old needles leaving some to get some extra strength the rest of the year.
EF3C08BD-2859-4BEC-9335-C09EAFCDBE75.jpeg

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
Really awesome tree! Has that wild yamadori look, with the little fern it's perfect.
Thanx, Iā€™m quite positive itā€™s a field grown tree though, but a wild look is what I was going for.
im quite happy how it turned out so far. And there is still room for improvement which is cool too.

Top Bottom