Japanese Woodblock Prints

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Before I take the time, and before I begin to irritate (if I have not yet done so), is there any further interest in Japanese Woodblock Prints?
I know there are some who would prefer not to see them and I have no interest in overstaying my welcome.
I will base my decision solely upon responses here. 🌓

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Much as I have enjoyed SEEING them all, I know your purpose is to sell them. Maybe offer more in a couple of weeks, if nobody's presently tempted? 🙂

pak1351

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I enjoyed looking at them. I certainly am not a woodblock print aficionado but thought the prices were reasonable. If you have time to do a brief write up on the history and art to put in the resources area I think that would be nice for general education of the forum.

For the prices you were listing most (sub 100) I would be interested in purchasing depending on the content, and would like to see more if you have them

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Before I take the time, and before I begin to irritate (if I have not yet done so), is there any further interest in Japanese Woodblock Prints?
I know there are some who would prefer not to see them and I have no interest in overstaying my welcome.
I will base my decision solely upon responses here. 🌓
yes, and please continue!

luckily there is the simplest of options for those who do not prefer to see them, and that’s to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask what’s wrong with you!!? 😂

thanks much @penumbra

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I know your time is limited and going through the whole process of taking pics and uploading them, typing the description is all very time consuming. I know first hand!

I personally really enjoyed looking at each print. While I know your purpose is to sell them, you are at the same time sharing your art with all of us. Some of those prints will really be helpful for me when I start painting on my pots.

I say continue listing or hold off if you choose to do so. But I would for sure start listing again as we get near the holiday season.

Esolin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I love woodblock prints and have enjoyed seeing them. Some I've been tempted by, but I've been trying to mind my budget lately. That said, you don't have any Kawase Hasui prints do you? Big fan of his landscapes. Might make an exception to my budget for the right one of those.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've been enjoying them! I actually took a class on woodblock printing once, and what was intended to be a print of a jizo statue, wound up becoming a shifty murderous penguin with lasers shooting from it's eyes. I'll probably stick with bonsai and carpentry. But I do love seeing others' work who know what they're doing :)

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've enjoyed seeing them and I bought 2 that I really liked because of the scenes they were and they fit into the theme of my house and my lifestyle/personal likes.

The audience is limited here though so I don't know what more potential there is for more sales here right now. I might be tempted to buy additional if they are the right subject matter.

I agree with the person that suggested posting about the history of and info about the art. I certainly would be interested in learning more about the art form if you're willing to describe it

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
you don't have any Kawase Hasui prints do you?
I could never afford one when I could find one. I ended up buying a damaged one once for $300. If you ever see one offered and can afford it, buy it. Think $600 to $3000.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Some of those prints will really be helpful for me when I start painting on my pots.
I hope to get around to this eventually. I studied Chinese Brush painting for a bit and even took a workshop on painting on pottery. It is so different than painting on rice paper. Paper was Much easier.

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think you should continue putting these up for sale, the scrolls add another element to our horticultural art. I enjoy looking at them even though I know nothing about art or let alone Japanese aesthetics.

I agree about putting even more information up about these, like their history and such. I had never heard of Japanese woodblock art before you started listing them.

I have to admit, I almost bought the one with the demons but again had to restrain myself because of my budget, though the price did seem pretty good! I have a big curiosity for the occult and anything else obscure and misunderstood.

I may even think harder about buying it if it is still available, or even purchase small metal/bronze/jade statues and such of mythical creatures if that's something else you have available.

I love all of your stuff; don't not put anything up for sale just because you feel you aren't getting enough "hits" on them or feel we aren't being responsive enough.

Your love and appreciation for art is obvious, and I'm glad you're here putting your stuff up for us to see and possibly purchase.

Keep it coming friend!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I may even think harder about buying it if it is still available, or even purchase small metal/bronze/jade statues and such of mythical creatures if that's something else you have available.
It is on eBay now. If you want it for $50 with free shipping I can end the listing. Most of the staues and such of jade, and bronze that I have are from China, Tibet, Nepal and India. About all I have left from Japan is the woodblocks, scrolls, silk obi, and a few pieces of pottery and bronze.
I really appreciate you encouraging words.

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If you want it for $50 with free shipping I can end the listing.
You know what? Pack it up, I'll take it!

I really do like it, there's something kind of strange and mysterious about it. Its aged appearance also appeals to me. It's kind of speaking to me😈

I wouldn't mind hearing about some of the statues you have (if any are for sale), regardless of where they're from. All of those regions have beautiful art. I really like foo dogs, so those would definitely appeal to me.

I'm not asking you to dig out stuff to try to find any of these and take pictures, but if you know off the top of your head about any and are wanting to sell, I'd be interested!

Thanks!

Last edited:

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You know what? Pack it up, I'll take it!

I really do like it, there's something kind of strange and mysterious about it. Its aged appearance also appeals to me. It's kind of speaking to me😈

I wouldn't mind hearing about some of the statues you have (if any are for sale), regardless of where they're from. All of those regions have beautiful art. I really like foo dogs, so those would definitely appeal to me.

I'm not asking you to dig out stuff to try to find any of these and take pictures, but if you know off the top of your head about any and are wanting to sell, I'd be interested!

Thanks!
I ended the small scroll and will send you a pm.

Top Bottom