Japanese Woodblock Triptych

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This set of 3 prints is called a triptych. It is three separate prints that makes up one entire scene. These are 20th century impressions of an older print and are therefore like new. They are genuine Japanese woodblock prints.
This is the information on this triptych: Color woodblock triptych depicting three young women standing beside a palanquin at night with two puppies at their feet under a full moon with bats flying overhead. Originally carved in 1840 by Keisai Eisen. These are not antique prints carved in 1840, but 20th c impressions. I imagine original prints are many thousands of dollars.
Each image is 10-1/2 x 7 inches. Colors are bright and sharp and bleed through is excellent. I love these scenes that depict everyday Life in Old Japan. BTW, bats are a sign of good luck in Japan.
All three prints together, shipped to your door in the USA, is $125. Check or money order is preferred but PayPal to friends and family is also good.

IMG_5072.JPGIMG_5073.JPGIMG_5074.JPGIMG_5075.JPGIMG_5076.JPG

This is an example of a framed triptych. It is not the one offered. It is only an example of how one is usually framed.
1626038116922.png

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Deepest apology.
Print above is not the one described. I don't know the author of the one above but price is the same. I so have ladies with bats for sale as well, same price. I will list it as soon as I take the pictures.
The one above I would refer to as "Ladies with Fans Under Willow"

Top Bottom