JBP - Almost Time to Decandle

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My JBPs are in much need of a haircut. I still have a good four to five weeks before the decandleing is done since in Texas we usually do it at the end of June up until the first or second week in July. They have really pushed the new candles good and strong this year.:)

Attachments

• bons111.jpg
    bons111.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 109
  • bonsai71.jpg
    bonsai71.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 108
  • bonsai101.jpg
    bonsai101.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 109
  • bonsai91.jpg
    bonsai91.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 103
  • bons61.jpg
    bons61.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 108

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
My JBPs are in much need of a haircut. I still have a good four to five weeks before the decandleing is done since in Texas we usually do it at the end of June up until the first or second week in July. They have really pushed the new candles good and strong this year.:)
Looking great John!!!

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score

Very nice trees Thomas, you are a good caretaker. About the same here, I will decandle about the first of July, it always concerns me to do it, but they always pop back.

keep it green,
Harry

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
it always concerns me to do it, but they always pop back.

I never really had any concerns until last year when one of my little ones never popped back not even with one new bud. The thing that bothers me is why didn't it when it was treated exactly like the others, same soil and everything. I sure hope that doesn't happen with one of these good specimens.:(

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
They should be fine... they look beautiful... I need to get my hands on a little cascade jewel like yours... I've got a particularly fine antique root stand that needs one rather badly...lol

It's always a pleasure to see your trees. :)

Kindest regards,

Victrinia

painter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
id like to train with you. your work is fine, your trees are well kept and you seem humble and direct. and your trees speak for themselves.
thanks for sharing.
painter.

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello Ms. Vic,
I'm glad you like my trees. Actually I was thinking of entering the cascade in the up coming show in Rochester this year, but since I wouldn't be able to attend I decided not to. I'm sure it would've been in good hands by whomever would be transporting it, but then again I don't know that it would have even been accepted.

I see one of yours has been accepted; a great honor my friend.;)

Painter,
It would be an honor to have you work with me, too bad we're so far apart. But then again I don't know if you could last through this Texas heat that's starting way too early this year. Heck I don't know if I'll even make it for another long hot summer. :(

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Really nice trees Thomas. I hope you keep this thread alive & post them after decandling :)
Your pines look really healthy.

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I hope you keep this thread alive & post them after decandling

That's exactly what I had in mind, thanks for the interest.:)

Top Bottom