JBP asking price question?

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
If you want to spend 1000 dollar, isnt it better to look for some yamadori?
I dont mean collect yourself but buy from a collector. Could be better in the long run.

Anyway good luck in the BJ contest.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was going to say 2 belts buts it's really one belt when you think of it. Next is brown then black so 1 belt away. Yea you live super far in north Cali there are some serious good schools. Ryan Gracie, you have Caio Terra's school and Cesar Gracie's as well. Down south Cali you have the more BJJ oriented schools like atos they are pretty much too of the tournament teams list besides alliance and Gracie barra. Yea for sure man we can hit the mats if I make it to north Cali one day. Haha a bonsai patch man that's a good idea I'll get one soon. You should go back and introduce your son to BJJ it makes them learn how take a beating as well as receive one. It's a great way to build confidence so he can use that in other areas of life. Well Mabey next time we can tree hunt.
And I still get to take on the winner right?

BPJon

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
If you want to spend 1000 dollar, isnt it better to look for some yamadori?
I dont mean collect yourself but buy from a collector. Could be better in the long run.

Anyway good luck in the BJ contest.
For a $1000 now a days you don't get much of a black pine. The import laws are worse than before and I remember you can get a nice JBP from Brussels some years ago for like $1400+ now you will be lucky if they sold that same one for $3000. I am looking for big tree with like a 7" base but raw material which is why it's only $1000 and not $5000+. Even raw material I might be short for what I'm looking for to be honest. I have bought recent old yamadori from different collectors and nurseries and they have all been $1300 or better and those $1300 tree would have been about $800 a few years back.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I am looking for big tree with like a 7" base but raw material which is why it's only $1000 and not $5000+. Even raw material I might be short for what I'm looking for to be honest.
Yep. You'll need to add a few more Benjamins to the budget to get the base your looking for, if you want it to have any taper, movement, and branches down low. I searched for a few months last year to find one similar to what you're describing. They're out there.

BPJon

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Your right I will need more money for the tree I am looking for. Man Japan has it good for bonsai look at these bp in the top left they were going for $1500 usd.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 31

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Contact Steve at Plant City Bonsai. He has some big ones. You might have to put in a graft of two to have perfect branches.

BPJon

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Adair how do I contact him? Can I find him on Google? I also don't mind grafting I have this guy on deck to graft bottom branches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 23

BPJon

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Thank you my friend also can you see my new post for a little help please. Thank you for everything I appreciate your help.

Top Bottom