JBP Clump style shohin

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
JBP clump for sale. A unique tree, and a bargain for someone with the skills and vision to develop this. I got the tree a couple years ago, and the seller cut all the needles very short and sprayed an anti-dessicant all over them. Needless to say, the tree suffered and struggled after this event. In the end I was able to get it healthy and pushing strongly again, after putting it in a larger pot and feeding it over the last two growing seasons. It did loose two smaller trunks one in the back and one front left of center. I know it looks like a hot mess now, but that's healthy growth! I'm including pictures of what the tree was when I got it as you really can't see the tree thru all the long needle growth. The tree does have really nice bark, and is a unique clump. I spent a lot on this tree, (1260! ) and am offering it here, just to get it to someone who wants to move it forward. The pot it's in is a Bigei, and the pot alone was $160. I'm offering the tree for $500. plus shipping The pot is 9 1/2" wide, the clump at the soil is 4 1/2" and the tree to the top of the tallest needle is 10", but the top of the tallest trunk is only 8" or so. Pm if you have questions, or want more photos. Thanks!IMG_2189.jpegIMG_2442.jpegIMG_3820.jpgIMG_3821.jpgIMG_3822.jpgIMG_3823.jpgIMG_3832.jpgIMG_3834.jpgIMG_3835.jpgIMG_3836.jpg

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
WHAT? Still no one steal this one yet? Compare to Suthin's...this is worth 2000.

Alcaviator

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Love it but I’m spent out! If you’d go lower OR remove the pot to lower price I may be interested

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Love it but I’m spent out! If you’d go lower OR remove the pot to lower price I may be interested
I would rather not pull this out of the pot at this time of year…but thanks for checking it out!

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve never seen anything like this in a JBP. So good Judy. Sure hope whoever gets it appreciates the uniqueness.

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This tree has sold to Bnut member @PeaceLoveBonsai I am super excited for him, and we will get to see the tree progress right here in our online community!!!
I’m pumped! Cool tree. I know it’s been in great hands. And yes, a progression post will be in order!!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Looking forward to seeing it evolve - it was tempting but I think my hands are full right now, I need space for next year! Glad it went to someone here.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Why the HEAVY price reduction? $2000 seems to be an appropriate price point? Nice bargain. @PeaceLoveBonsai works with Bjorn a lot, right? That'll help!! Seven little JBP to contend with!!!!

Nice, but trying to pare down the collection here.....too late to boot!!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Why the HEAVY price reduction? $2000 seems to be an appropriate price point? Nice bargain. @PeaceLoveBonsai works with Bjorn a lot, right? That'll help!! Seven little JBP to contend with!!!!

Well, here's the thing. I'm not a pine person, unless its JWP, lol. BUT, if you want to show shohin, you must have some for your display top tree. That was the reason I got this. Now, the shohin Nats is not happening next year, and looks to be permanently gone as there are shohin displays at the regular Nationals. Also we look to be moving in a year or two, so I have been paring down on my trees overall. Why the price reduction? Well the tree lost two trunks. It was not at all happy for an entire year. I have nursed it back to health, but it will be a process now getting it back into form. I don't enjoy that process with JBP, nor am I all the fluent in the development of them... I know this will be a good tree for someone. Just not me, and honestly having to watch something that I really DID love the form of when I purchased it, go downhill and be almost lost altogether, makes me sad every time I look at the tree. The anti desiccant that was sprayed on the tree was very bad for it, it was like turquoise flocking almost. I would have taken it up with the seller, but sadly he died of cancer shortly after I got the tree. He was a good guy, and I'm sad he's gone, but spraying the tree was almost the end of the tree.

I'm really just happy that someone here can take the tree, and move on with it. Sometimes it's not about making $$$$....

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Now if someone would just take the Hime Ringo, I'd be done with this first wave of downsizing. Except for maybe a Chamaecyparis Obtusa I have that has a good fat trunk on it, also a shohin. I may post that one if the apple moves just to get the board clear...

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
NEBG had a JWP structured much like this one, three-four years ago. $1750? On it's own roots and imported. Trunks were a bit too straight, but solvable with wiring. Foliage sparse and far out at the tips, my JWP skills were not going to be enough. But outside of pinching off vigorous candles, not much else in my toolbox said, "buy it".

Nice to see someone like @PeaceLoveBonsai that has stepped up "the game" for himself have it and share it's progress. :cool:

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Yes, I’m a student of Bjorns. Classes start up next week, I’ll be taking this tree for sure!

Top Bottom