JBP import.........

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I imported this JBP from Arkansas, two or three years ago, I can't remember exactly. First picture, when I got it, second picture, after Marco cleaned it up, third picture, this summer after three JBP workshops, fall, winter, summer with the Bonsai Smith's, Howard and the pregnant Ms.Sylvia, SOB's.
The last picture was taken today. It's coming along nicely and shouldn't be too much longer before its a nice tree, when the upper half fills in the front.
keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• 12' h.jpg
    12' h.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC01129.JPG
    DSC01129.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC00295.JPG
    DSC00295.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC00335.JPG
    DSC00335.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Very nice! I think the pot is a little deep and a little feminine, but it may not be your final pot.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Very nice! I think the pot is a little deep and a little feminine, but it may not be your final pot.

If it turns out nice, I'll put it in a Tokonama, but first I wanted lots of roots.
keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:

ginger

Sapling
Reaction score
I like the first picture best.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
man.... what an exccelent jbp Harry !
whats the height & trunk diameter ?

Thanks Art, the tree is 13" from the top of the pot and the trunk is 3 1/2".

keep it green,
Harry

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Really nice Harry, come a long way in a short period of time. However, a Tokonama for an Okie guy? I think the tree and pot should represent the owner...so how about a lil more Grog in that pot ;)

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 64

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Harry that is a tree to be proud of! Not a huge fan of the pot, but as you already mentioned you are planning on changing it. I really love the movement in the trunk. Thanks for sharing.

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice tree Harry,
It looks like you started you fall work already on your JBPs ? I'll be starting mine in a week or two. I'll need to shoot some before and after pics and post them.;)

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Really nice Harry, come a long way in a short period of time. However, a Tokonama for an Okie guy? I think the tree and pot should represent the owner...so how about a lil more Grog in that pot ;)

A JBP deserves a Toko !!

keep it green,
Harry

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Nice tree Harry,
It looks like you started you fall work already on your JBPs ? I'll be starting mine in a week or two. I'll need to shoot some before and after pics and post them.;)

Look forward to seeing your pictures Thomas !!!

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom