JBP on ebay

Alex DeRuiter

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
In all honesty, that shipping isn't too terrible. Of course picking something up personally would be the cheapest way, for someone like me who lives in Michigan, it's not a viable option.

I got a Japanese maple from Brent at Evergreen Gardenworks, and he only charged me $20 for shipping; but postage ended up being something around $40 or $60. After a couple burns like that, the shipper probably wants to at least get as close as they can, even if it's over by a little.

One other thing to think about is that some (all?) shipping companies charge by distance. So if he set shipping at $50 and had to pay $100 to get the tree to New York, he would be out that much more money.

Anyway, decent looking tree. Sadly I'm in no position at this time to be working on pines ;-p

Reaction score
I agree with Axxon. We do a lot of shipping from my work using UPS, Fedex and mail. Most packages are priced using a dimensional weight factoring system - the actual dimensions of the package are factored in to the price, not just the actual weight. Most people don't understand this. I can't give people accurate shipping costs until the item is packaged (in my business, everything is custom made and varies in size). In defense of these companies, an item that weighs only 5 lbs but is very large takes a lot of truck/plane space so the size has to be factored in. That is the 10 cent explanation but I think you get the gist of it.
John

Reaction score
Not really worth it in my opinion.

It looks like a cute little tree, but how healthy is it? $60+ to find out. How reputable is the seller, and how well does he stand by his product? $60+ to find out.

Luckily, he says you can send it back to him if you arn't satisfied and he will refund your money, provided that you pay for shipping. So, in that sense, if you are dissatisfied with it, you spend $50 in shipping to get it to your door, $50+ in shipping to get it back to him, all to get your $1.60 (or whatever) back.

It's a gamble, and a gamble on $20 I'll take, $60 is better spent saved till you find a sweet tree in person (or from someone you trust).

buffrider

Mame
Reaction score
Not really worth it in my opinion.

It looks like a cute little tree, but how healthy is it? $60+ to find out. How reputable is the seller, and how well does he stand by his product? $60+ to find out.

Luckily, he says you can send it back to him if you arn't satisfied and he will refund your money, provided that you pay for shipping. So, in that sense, if you are dissatisfied with it, you spend $50 in shipping to get it to your door, $50+ in shipping to get it back to him, all to get your $1.60 (or whatever) back.

It's a gamble, and a gamble on $20 I'll take, $60 is better spent saved till you find a sweet tree in person (or from someone you trust).

thats really what i was thinking.

Top Bottom