JBP, problem after repot

biglou13

Mame
Reaction score
I re-potted a JBP this morning, all are in process of being grown out, not sure if this one was from field or moved up to larger pot (rootmaker), some candles are 10" long, this afternoon I observed the longer candles are wilting. Yes, for Nfla it is late to re-pot, and candles are beginning to needle. Some field grown had to move, while other were awaiting soil components. This is the only one, amongst today's re-pots that is showing stress. I have them recovering currently on west side of house, sun is limited in afternoon by neighbors houseto the west and mine to the east. I'm surprised it showed problems so quickly, they are normally very slow to reveal any deficiencies.

I moved the sick child to the "ICU,"....shady spot under orange tree.

Should I remove, the limp candles? turgor other wise appears adequate.

Any suggestions?

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
There's medication for limp candles but you need a prescription for it :)

I'd say keep it in the shade, mist it a couple times a day and don't overwater

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
One of mine growing out in a 15(?) gal. can got dry last year and the candles lopped over, but after watering, it was fine. Shots are from last spring, and this spring. Not to hijack the thread, but I'll be starting one on this tree next week, it's the demo tree for Peter Warren's workshop this weekend!

Attachments

• Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC05882.jpg
    DSC05882.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 104

biglou13

Mame
Reaction score
brian hi jack please..... any info is good info

buddah ty for 411... the shade and misting, misting may have been its little blue pill, candles up to 90% uhhh......erection

may upgrade to stable condition, but will stay in icu for rest of week to be safe

another ? from last summers hot spell i have a few JBP's that needles are a little off color. will these revert back to deep green? they are putting out candles with darker green. (these also getting grown out)

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
brian hi jack please..... any info is good info

buddah ty for 411... the shade and misting, misting may have been its little blue pill, candles up to 90% uhhh......erection

may upgrade to stable condition, but will stay in icu for rest of week to be safe

another ? from last summers hot spell i have a few JBP's that needles are a little off color. will these revert back to deep green? they are putting out candles with darker green. (these also getting grown out)

Glad to hear your Pinus is performing again...

On discoloration, if it was going to, it would have returned by now in your climate. Just be sure it's not needle cast or some other fungus. Once this season is over, you can safely remove last year's needles...

Top Bottom