JBP seedling from San Diego Bonsai Supplies

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm in St. Louis, which is zone 6. My JBP does fine just mulched in next to my house. There are local club members who have kept them here for 15+ years. I think many use unheated garages as well. But I think St. Louis is near the cold-tolerance border for JBP. Just 5 hours north in the Chicago area I understand they do not thrive.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
you can check Markyscott JBP from seed thread here. He shows the progression step by step.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Questionable wiring but GREAT start to fabulous future tree🥰😌. "Maybe" as young as 4 years however who cares.

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Strangely... I never got a reply to my initial email asking for information about their nursery. However I did receive (what I believe to be) a piece of spam mail from them, letting me know about a stolen bonsai from their nursery. The stolen bonsai was a forest planting that was half dead, and they told me to make sure I don't buy it if I see it. The whole thing is a little weird... like perhaps they don't read their emails or speak English as their first language(?)

At any rate... if you see this don't buy it because it is stolen. So many questions...

bonsai forest.jpg

Last edited:

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Strangely... I never got a reply to my initial email asking for information about their nursery. However I did receive (what I believe to be) a piece of spam mail from them, letting me know about a stolen bonsai from their nursery. The stolen bonsai was a forest planting that was half dead, and they told me to make sure I don't buy it if I see it. The whole thing is a little weird... like perhaps they don't read their emails or speak English as their first language(?)

At any rate... if you see this don't buy it because it is stolen. So many questions...

View attachment 406020
I’m telling you Greg, the business was quite odd. Glass shop/bonsai shop, is not what I would typically believe to be a solid business plan! He is, I believe, Vietnamese and I’m pretty sure English was a second language. Nice guy either way, but an odd business model for sure.

Top Bottom