JBP - Semi Cascade

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I noticed on another thread that someones pine is on their second set of candles. Here in Texas I'll be doing my decandeling from the end of june through the 4th of july week depending upon the size of the tree. This one has really surprized me this year with the fullness of the foliage through the nice medium size candles. The other pic shows the tree a little after last years decandeling.

All of my JPBs look good, but this one looks a little extra good.:)

Attachments

• P5144057aa.JPG
    P5144057aa.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 102
  • untitledaa.JPG
    untitledaa.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 109
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That looks great, very healthy. I had the same question that someone on another thread addressed about pushing a second set of candles. The poster was not clear on weather they decandled earlier in the season or not. I am new to cultivating pine and was wondering if in warmer climates they produce 2 or 3 flushes of growth with out any human interaction. Or do you always just get one unless you remove the candles?

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can't speak for any of the other pines because all I work on are JBPs, but once you cut the candle off usually within ten days new buds will protrude giving it a second candle. If you do this too early in the year depending on your locale, your new needles will much larger than than you might like at mid year.:(

Top Bottom