JBP under development

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looks good Adair. Is there a reason that you waited until now to thin the needles? Just wondering...
Laziness. As long as it's done before the spring growth begins, it's ok!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey @Adair M how is this one gearing up for the season?
It got repotted.

7E5DA405-6405-4FAC-B84A-10527E02D56F.jpeg

In the process, I turned it slightly counter clockwise, and tipped it back a bit as it was moving too much forward. Mind you, it still moves forward, just not as much now as before.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Jeez, that looks good... the movement and taper in that trunk is fantastic! Is this the one where the primary branch is pulled around from the back?
Sssshhhhh... Don’t tell!!! You’ll spoil my reputation as being one who only can follow the rules!

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Sssshhhhh... Don’t tell!!! You’ll spoil my reputation as being one who only can follow the rules!
No worries, your secret is safe with me! Give me the word and I'll take it off your hands to remove this blemish from your yard!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
No worries, your secret is safe with me! Give me the word and I'll take it off your hands to remove this blemish from your yard!
The thing is, with the way trees fall in your garden, it would become a mashed tater!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It got repotted.

View attachment 236072

In the process, I turned it slightly counter clockwise, and tipped it back a bit as it was moving too much forward. Mind you, it still moves forward, just not as much now as before.
You think it's too tall now? It seemed more powerful when it was more squatty. Now it seems tall in proportion. The trunk just does not convey the sense of power it had shorter.

7E5DA405-6405-4FAC-B84A-10527E02D56F.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom