Jerusalem Cherry, Anyone have one?

Godschick

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
F94351A3-6889-4AAF-B75A-779565687459.jpeg5E234642-4381-4DA4-A7BC-811350C11CF4.jpeg4FE3E49C-BC3A-4C2E-9069-73F73A052B85.jpeg
I just got this Jerusalem Cherry as a gift today. I’ve never seen one before. I love it’s leaves and the cherry fruit is beautiful. I was wondering if anybody on here has one and if so, if you could share pictures and experiences you have had with this kind of tree? My current plans are to replant it in a colander in about a month and really work on the trunk and growth first. It’s too hot to do anything else right now, today got up to 112° 🥵 Thanks in advance!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"mildly poisonous fruit".

Meh.

Go for it!

Sorce

Godschick

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
"mildly poisonous fruit".

Meh.

Go for it!

Sorce
Yep not sure about this one either. I haven’t been able to find any decent pictures of it created into Bonsai. And looking into it, it’s more like a plant or shrub that many grow inside due to its lack of tolerance of low temps. Living outside in Central Cal it may work. I will work it and I’ll see what I can create with it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Is a Nightshade species, short lived perennial (about 10 years) better used as companion or accent plant in my opinion

literatipenjing

Sapling
Reaction score
I have a few that I propagated from seeds. I call them Christmas orange trees for their long lasting very orange like fruits that last on the branches for long time, before drying out. They have to be kept indoors in good light (I use 5000*K led bulbs). Quite attractive and easy to train plants that like water and sun. I prune them at least twice yearly with partial defoliation while in fruit. In great demand in Victoria!

AJL

Chumono
Reaction score
AKA Winter Cherry Solanum pseudocapsicum -Just a short lived house plant, very prone to Whitefly -Sold by the thousands here around Christmas time as a gift for Grandmas ! Ive never considered them for bonsai!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
View attachment 450172View attachment 450173View attachment 450174
I just got this Jerusalem Cherry as a gift today. I’ve never seen one before. I love it’s leaves and the cherry fruit is beautiful. I was wondering if anybody on here has one and if so, if you could share pictures and experiences you have had with this kind of tree? My current plans are to replant it in a colander in about a month and really work on the trunk and growth first. It’s too hot to do anything else right now, today got up to 112° 🥵 Thanks in advance!
Around 2 years later, do anything interesting with it?

Top Bottom