John shows how to make a shohin azalea

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I found his videos years ago and have been hacking azaleas since, still a good video though. I heard he is going to be at the arboretum in June, don’t know if it’s true or not.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@johng is a member of this site. His videos were among my very favorite when I first got into Bonsai 10 years ago. Love his temperament and his style of wiring trees. While I tried many azaleas, they just do not thrive in my environment.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I found his videos years ago and have been hacking azaleas since, still a good video though. I heard he is going to be at the arboretum in June, don’t know if it’s true or not.
He is one of the bonsai artist who will have trees on display at the Blue Spiral gallery bonsai show in June in Asheville. There will also be activities and tress displayed by BRBS members at the arboretum. Unfortunately the organizers have been slow in getting the word out so I don’t know how many folks outside Asheville even know about it!

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I plan on being there, hopefully find some good stuff to buy. I met two from the BRBS, maybe will can meet in June.

LuZiKui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a

johng

Omono
Reaction score
I’ve really missed John G’s videos on his YouTube channel so when this new one popped up this morning I was on it like a duck on a june bug! Enjoy

Thanks for sharing the video! If you are going to be at the Blue Spiral show or at the Arboretum for those events please say hello!

johng

Omono
Reaction score

johng

Omono
Reaction score
It's true! I will be there on June 2nd and again on the 10th. But, I suspect you probably don't want to meet me:)

johng

Omono
Reaction score
He is one of the bonsai artist who will have trees on display at the Blue Spiral gallery bonsai show in June in Asheville. There will also be activities and tress displayed by BRBS members at the arboretum. Unfortunately the organizers have been slow in getting the word out so I don’t know how many folks outside Asheville even know about it!
Here is the info that I have received thus far...Bonsai as Fine Art Flyer.jpg

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's true! I will be there on June 2nd and again on the 10th. But, I suspect you probably don't want to meet me:)
I don’t know why you would say that, you’ve been the only reason why I was able to hack the my azaleas the way I did. I would love to chat and pick your brain, I have seen all you videos and your garden is awesome.

johng

Omono
Reaction score
I don’t know why you would say that, you’ve been the only reason why I was able to hack the my azaleas the way I did. I would love to chat and pick your brain, I have seen all you videos and your garden is awesome.
My total apologies!!! I got you confused with a guy that ripped me off on maple seedlings last year! Please reach out if we cross paths at the show, I always like to talk trees!

Top Bottom