Jokes here please!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
So a Native Chief is speaking with his second-in-command. The chief says to the man, "I feel winter will be quite bad, best to double the firewood." He nods in understanding, and goes about his task.

The Chief, having an acquaintance who works for the board of Meteorology, decides to inquire if his instinct was correct.

"Oh yes... This winter is going to be worse than we expected... Even worse than you anticipated." The chief thanks the man and returns to his camp, instructing the people to collect EVEN MORE firewood.

After a few days, the chief calls on the Meteorologist again, who assures him that his previous estimates were gentle... And winter was going to be EVEN worse...

The chief, who is now, very impressed, thanks the Meteorologist and asks him how he comes up with such precise predictions.

"Well, we could analyze data from current weather patterns and compare them with projected atmospheric conditions and previously collected data...... But truth be told, we've found the best way to predict the oncoming winter is to watch to see how much firewood the native Americans lay out."

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
An old politician wants to earn some extra money and reports to a farmer. The farmer takes him to a barn and says, "Here are 10 tons of potatoes. You must sort them into small, medium and large sizes."

After a week, the farmer hasn't heard from him and goes to take a look in the barn. He sees the politician on his knees in front of 3 small piles and some potatoes in his hands.

"Is this all you did in that week?" the farmer asks.

"Well,.. " the politician answers, "I have no problem working a lot, but making decisions......"

Translated with DeepL

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I really enjoy/appreciate shamisen music.

But cannot listen to it too loud...

I'm always thinking folks walking by outside are like, "Wow!... Whoever is in there is a TERRIBLE guitar player!"

🤣🤣🤪

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Do you want to hear a science joke?
For the most part they seem like dad jokes.
As a man of science myself, I wonder how many dads made their kids name proteins.

Personally, I loved working with COX*. I used to amplify COX, give them a nice bath and then put them in tiny holes to get a read out. A day later I analyzed all the COX from certain crustaceans. I literally had them dangling on my screen.
*cytochrome oxidase 1 a gene commonly used to map wild populations of animals, passed on from mothers to daughters (and sons, but they don't pass them down to future generations).

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
As a man of science myself, I wonder how many dads made their kids name proteins.

Personally, I loved working with COX*. I used to amplify COX, give them a nice bath and then put them in tiny holes to get a read out. A day later I analyzed all the COX from certain crustaceans. I literally had them dangling on my screen.
*cytochrome oxidase 1 a gene commonly used to map wild populations of animals, passed on from mothers to daughters (and sons, but they don't pass them down to future generations).

I was loudly laughing HARD, by "..used to amplify cox"

Top Bottom