Journal of the American Bonsai Society - Does membership include archives?

sparklemotion

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Membership in the ABS comes with a one-year subscription to the Journal of the American Bonsai Society, which is nice. But what I really want is access to back issues (without paying per issue).

Do members get access to digital backissues? Or should I just stick with hanging out in the reference section at the library (at least one local library has archives going back as far as I need).

Slippery Pete

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hi,

I'm new around here and not sure if it's against the law to unearth an old thread like I'm doing. If it is I apologize.
It seems like the short answer to your question is yes.
If you go to the ABS website, on the right side of the page you'll hover over "more" and you should see an option for "Bonsai Journal Archives." Access is password protected. It is worth noting that your library likely has access to online databases, and those may contain archives of the journal. This is something you can ask your reference librarian for help if needed. I scanned Academic Onefile and JSTOR to no avail but perhaps worth looking further before springing for an ABS membership? Hope this was helpful, take care

Top Bottom