Jubilee Clips???

Graft

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi Bnuts,

Just wondering if anyone has used jubilee clips instead of wire for "ground layering" trees for root development. I know that with the wire the outer bark can bridge the gap. As the jubilee clips are wider this should prevent this from happening. Also you would be able to make a tighter grip if you use one that has a screw driver head. Obviously you would have to buy the ones that don't have little holes all the way around. You can get them on amazon in all sorts of sizes. Am I barking up the wrong tree here (pun intended).

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Reckon holed ones would be fine, a little cut hose strip in there.

I wouldn't want the metal slicing the trunk, or near roots.

"Jubilee Rubber couplings" (X-Men dating app) have rubber in them already and are also useful.

Sorce

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Reckon holed ones would be fine, a little cut hose strip in there.

I wouldn't want the metal slicing the trunk, or near roots.

"Jubilee Rubber couplings" (X-Men dating app) have rubber in them already and are also useful.

Sorce
Dangit, Sorce!

Now my mind is “running” in the direction of Mutant/SuperHuman Contraception.
🤣🤣

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Or Brody, from Mallrats (Or his name MIGHT be “Earl” ;) ), and his obsession with super-hero genitalia.

whoops!..... sorry OP!

🙃🤪🤓

SeanS

Omono
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE)
USDA Zone
9b
I’d think they’d be a pain to get tight where you may actually want them on anything other than a perfectly straight section of the tree. Anything irregular shaped or attempting a layer at an angle would be difficult

I’ll stick to cutting the bark and using a wire tourniquet

Graft

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I’d think they’d be a pain to get tight where you may actually want them on anything other than a perfectly straight section of the tree. Anything irregular shaped or attempting a layer at an angle would be difficult

I’ll stick to cutting the bark and using a wire tourniquet
Hi Sean,

You are probably right, I have a couple of small straight zelkovas. I'm going to try each method as an experiment. I'll post here how it goes.

Top Bottom