Julian Adams wire?

theta

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just ordered some from him the other day and he shipped it out same day, got it real fast. I think sometimes he forgets to check or reply to email. I've sent him orders, and he's confirmed, then like 2 weeks later, he said he forgot to ship it.

Can't argue with the quality though.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I like Julian's wire, and he has the best prices. Only problem is, if you want really thick wire, he doesn't have 4 gauge, which Gremel does.

It's funny, Ryan had that same bias. But last time I was at Mirai and he used some of my wire (from Julian) he said it felt fine - better than he had thought it felt in the past.
That’s the thing... Gremel’s wire is consistent since he uses a kiln with carefully controlled heat and time.

Julian’s may vary somewhat.

But, really, you can’t go wrong with either!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Does Mirai make it's own? I've heard its good, but it's sooooo expensive!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Odd that on FB they talk about Gremel not making wire anymore...

Now Julian not making wire anymore....

But they both still are....

Why the rumors?

Sorce

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Does Mirai make it's own? I've heard its good, but it's sooooo expensive!
They don't. That's why it's expensive, because of the mark-up.
Odd that on FB they talk about Gremel not making wire anymore...

Now Julian not making wire anymore....

But they both still are....

Why the rumors?

Sorce
In Gremel's case, it's because his website went dark.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Julian’s wire is good, not much difference between his and Jim’s. The only criticism I have is Julian’s coils are smaller in diameter than Jim’s, so it gets manipulated more before it touches the tree. For small gauge wire it’s not a big deal.

Justis

Yamadori
Reaction score
I bought like a bunch of wire from Julian back right before winter silohets An I thought I was real cool how you don’t pay till received then just pay pal. I got pretty much 2 rolls of every size a love it all. Cheap also. Much cheaper than 99% any bod else.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yes I was very surprised at the difference in price between his and Mirai. They want $31 per roll for 4,6 8, and 10. The lengths of these rolls are 20, 30 50 and 80. The Adams are all 50' rolls and are significantly cheaper. I'm awaiting his reply to send him payment.

Justis

Yamadori
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure he’ll wait till you get the wire before payment. Wich is pretty neat. I’ve never seen that before. It is old skool

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
He will send an invoice along with the wire. The last 2 orders I got from him, I just mailed a check so he wouldn't have to pay the fees. He's a great guy and I highly recommend stopping in for a visit if you're near Lynchburg. He has some really nice stuff.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
He will send an invoice along with the wire. The last 2 orders I got from him, I just mailed a check so he wouldn't have to pay the fees. He's a great guy and I highly recommend stopping in for a visit if you're near Lynchburg. He has some really nice stuff.
I would love to go visit him. I will take a big trip that direction and hit several spots I've been itching to see. I was able to paypal him friends and family so no fees, and instant too. He's super nice, and funny. He told me that he hopes the wire makes all my limbs crooked.. :) And I do like the wire very much! JWP will soon too...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I’m pretty sure he’ll wait till you get the wire before payment. Wich is pretty neat. I’ve never seen that before. It is old skool
Kinda risky, but I suppose the majority of bonsaiists are not crooks.

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Very Nice guy called me to make sure I received it , fast shipping quality wire ,cheaper than I get it from my local guy

EE4C636D-1913-42A5-B223-9085834254C1.jpegFE514FDC-6F61-4925-8F33-31605CED6445.jpegCDCE9E52-F90C-4F3B-95A7-359FE218B5ED.jpeg0F3BF7C1-73DD-46BD-A2B3-DD25FAA19122.jpeg

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yes I was very surprised at the difference in price between his and Mirai. They want $31 per roll for 4,6 8, and 10. The lengths of these rolls are 20, 30 50 and 80. The Adams are all 50' rolls and are significantly cheaper. I'm awaiting his reply to send him payment.
I’m pretty sure the Mirai wire is Gremel wire.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I saw him at the Winter Silohette Show back in December, and he was selling wire. A friend told me they had just ordered some from him.

Gremel is still selling wire, contact him at jimgremel@gmail.com.

Any reason why his site is a sports betting site with what looks to be arabic text? Even his link on american bonsai potters leads to the same. Is he changing industries? o_O lol

Top Bottom