Jumped the gun...and can't delete. Will post new thread when I have a better photo of tree.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Looking for a pot for my exposed root satuski azalea (shuho no kihari variety) ideally for the pot, I would need one that is 5-6" round and at least 3" deep. Just putting feelers out. It can't be reported until next spring. But...never hurts to just put it out there.

Not sure exactly what I'm looking for. But when I see it surely I will know it.

AaronThomas

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Have you browsed Ebay? Always stuff going up... at least you may get a better idea of what your lookin for.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
No shot of the tree to go by?

Sorry...I only have a photo of it from seller holding pot in hand. Really wish to supply a photo of it with it resting on a table. I'm not fond of photos where tree is being held. I believe I have one more week before its shipped. Then...I will post it. Maybe this post was premature...without a photo. Hm-mmm maybe I should delete it until I have a better photo. So it's attached to main thread question. And not lost in the text.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Have you googled "exposed root azalea bonsai"?

When you do, you'll see that the pots are relatively simple. The idea is to have the eye focus on the root "trunk".

A loud pot detracts.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Have you googled "exposed root azalea bonsai"?

When you do, you'll see that the pots are relatively simple. The idea is to have the eye focus on the root "trunk".

A loud pot detracts.

Yes, you asked me this before. But I must admit...nothing was like an aha moment. Round for certain...that I do know.

Had this Erin Pottery pot been deeper...I could see it a possiblity. I see a hint of blue.

image.jpg

This one to shallow...and possibly to bold.
image.jpg

This one the right depth...but I see gold/yellow in it. Also 1/4" to narrow.
image.jpg

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Look for something with a wider base, if your planning on planting an exposed root specimen. They will be a little top heavy.
How big is this tree?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Darlene,

My personal opinion is those pots, with their drips, and multiple colors and shading are too "loud" for the tree.

Less is more.
Care to share the direction your thinking...I actually thought the first stunning. The other's not so much fitting. The second to bold in color even without the drips. The last one...to busy in glazing. But the right size practically.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Care to share the direction your thinking...I actually thought the first stunning. The other's not so much fitting. The second to bold in color even without the drips. The last one...to busy in glazing. But the right size practically.
Of the three, the first one is the best choice.

Look at the trees on Google. The pots are single color. Some are even unglazed.

The pot should not attract attention.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Top Bottom