Juniper #3 Basic structure defined.

alonsou

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
So I had this Juniper (probably Prostata) which I wasn't too sure what path to follow, design wise speaking. After asking several individuals most of them agreed that it will work better on a semi-cascade and getting rid of the little Jin.

This is where I was before

juniper_3_01.jpg

juniper_3_18.jpg

And this is where I'm at with it now

00Gwpl.jpg

0XQcPl.jpg

jFkvrl.jpg

As you can see its just under the 7" tall making it into the shohin category, but still needs lots of work to be done. For now it will rest and I will improve the foliage pads and help it maintain its overall health condition.

I hope you like it!.

See the 360 Virtual gallery here

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hello alonsou.. I like what you have done with this..The only thing that might be distracting is that the cascade is going to the left and the top branch is going towards the right. Maybe over the next year..study the tree and see if next year, there is not something that you would change. No real need to do anymore work this season. I would let it just rest.

I hope it is ok. but I created a virt as to what I see. I think jinning that top branch might be good. Also developing a nice apex and (when it's ready) possibly a nice crescent moon rock pot would suit this tree well. Just my opinion..

Rob

Attachments

• Copy of 00Gwpl[1].jpg
    Copy of 00Gwpl[1].jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 72

alonsou

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Woow that Virtual does look really good! thanks october for that. I'll keep in mind about the possibility of the Jin, which at once I had on mind but wasn't too sure about it, I think I just was not able to put it on the picture, but now that you have done it, I do see it clearly.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom