Juniper Bonsai...?

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have been in love with bonsai trees since I was little, and finally got one last weekend!! The problem is, it was a completely impulse purchase and I literally know nothing about it. When I bought it, I just picked out the prettiest one and the woman selling it to me just said, "Yeah, this one's easy to take care of, just put it near a window." And so I took it home, like a happy little idiot.

I have since discovered that it is a juniper, and might have spider mites....I was really hoping to keep it indoors, and even take it to university with me in September (I grow weird emotional attachments to things), but I don't think I'll be able to give it a lot of light, as there is no guarantee that my dorm would be facing the sun. Would purchasing plant LED lights or something of the sort be a good alternative? Does anyone have any general advice on caring for a juniper indoors? Thanks so much!! :)

nuttiest

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well before you get too attached thik of an indoor juniper as like a poinsettia, no one expects you to keep a poinsettia after holidays, and while a little juniper in your dorm may brighten up your space, don't expect yourself to keep it alive. Just get a new baby juniper to put in its place, an even cuter one, and no one will be the wiser.

Top Bottom