Reaction score
Critique please... just pruned, has been wired for 2 yrs, 14"H ...8"W

24423219561_4f358d195a.jpg

24397304302_e1ab459837.jpg

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Critique please... just pruned, has been wired for 2 yrs, 14"H ...8"W
I suggest you exaggerate the bends more when you wire...if this young tree has been wired for 2 years and the wire hasn't scarred the branches...I wonder if you are feeding your trees enough?? You should have much more growth. I have to be very careful...much more than one growing season and wire leaves significant scars...sometimes desirable and sometimes not...
Here are a few I am developing for rock plantings...they are 6-7 years old from small cuttings.
IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2 different trees?

I think you have a nice beginning to the top one.
Just gotta wire them branches in place I reckon.

Same could be said for the second !

I like em.

Sorce

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm sorry but i don't see much change (you could have done this in 1 styling) like above posts states. Also i miss secondairy branches (or just more geen) also told above (he wants more food!)

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Here are a few I am developing for rock plantings...they are 6-7 years old from small cuttings.

Curious as the route I am taking with some is to keep them in a home brew Nursery mix. Fafard, Course sand, perlite type. Seems to me for growing it works out well. Your soil looks organic is why I ask and your results look good ;)

Grimmy

Jarath

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's shaped like the letter "C". IMO, it should curve back again. Sssssssss

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Curious as the route I am taking with some is to keep them in a home brew Nursery mix. Fafard, Course sand, perlite type. Seems to me for growing it works out well. Your soil looks organic is why I ask and your results look good ;)

Grimmy
I use potting soil mix on deciduous stuff(and I completely agree that it is far better for things you are trying to grow quickly) but the junipers are in a primarily inorganic mix that does have some pine bark. I have experimented with fafard and junipers and the results weren't as good as the mix I use.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have experimented with fafard and junipers and the results weren't as good as the mix I use.

Understood and thank you. I will use less Fafard then and more perlite. I find that using at least some helps me keep them from drying out in full sun. Not certain why I even use a heavy sand mix except it works for us :p

Grimmy

Top Bottom